EMF. What the heck does that even stand for? It’s called Electromagnetic Field, and there is no escape from it in today’s modern and tech-driven world.
We’re literally surrounded by EMFs. Think cell phones, microwaves, Wi-Fi routers, TV, power lines, etc. Although it’s not believed to be dangerous at the daily low-frequency levels we’re exposed to, there are scientists who question the dangers of artificial source exposure from the ever-advancing technologies and changes in social behavior.
The reason I wanted to write about this is that its potential impact on developing cells aka your developing fetus. Before pregnancy, I wouldn’t have thought twice about exposure to EMFs. I’m not going to go into the nitty gritty of EMF and its effects as I’m no scientist, but I will list some helpful tips I’ve taken up for my own peace of mind.
What to do if you’re not ready to break up with your tech?
- Use headphones/air pods or speaker phone if you are using your cell
- Avoid constantly carrying your device on your body (that means no phone in pocket or sweater. I personally know someone who had cancer develop right where he had kept his cell phone in his breast pocket through his long hour shifts as a doctor).
- Charge laptops, then use them unplugged, and at a desk (avoid the lap if you can!)
- Sleep with cell phones in airplane mode or across the room (I’m too afraid to turn my phone off completely in case there is an emergency so I make sure it’s plugged in not right next to my head).
- Take time to unplug. Meditate in silence or walk outside with your phone off or just leave it behind. We’re so glued to our screens I embrace this moment to detach from my phone when I step outside for my walks (adjust for your safety needs of course.. you want to protect yourself if it’s much later in the evening for example).
- With baby monitors and other necessary gadgets in our household, consider EMF shields to place on devices or plug into outlets. I got this blanket for my lap when I’m browsing my phone in bed, laptop shield (mainly for my boyfriend who prefers to work with his laptop on his lap), and stickers for my cell phone, laptop and TVs around the home.
- If you’re home searching, avoid any 5G towers in your neighborhood. In many cities, they’re popping up as fake trees towers. Very convincing tree there… 😒
Call me psycho or conspiracy theorist but these are what gives me peace of mind. Please take this with a grain of salt and do your own research. I thought I’d just use this space to introduce the topic for those who may be unfamiliar.
Leave a Reply